Rodrigo Olivares-Caminal is a Professor in Banking and Finance Law at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) at Queen Mary University of London. Prior to joining CCLS he was a Senior Lecturer in Financial Law and the Academic Director at the Centre for Financial and Management Studies (SOAS), University of London and the School of Law, University of Warwick. He taught in undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various Schools of Law and Business Schools in the United Kingdom, Spain, Greece, France and Argentina as well as in professional training courses in Africa, Asia and Europe. He has acted as a Sovereign Debt Expert for the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Senior Insolvency Expert for the World Bank / IFC and as a consultant to several multilateral institutions in Washington DC and Europe, Central Banks and Sovereign States as well as in several international transactions with Law Firms. He specialises in international finance and insolvency law. He is the author/editor of seven books and has extensively published in peer-reviewed journals. He sits in the editorial/advisory board of several law journals in the UK and US and is a member of national and international institutions and associations specialised in comparative commercial and insolvency law.
- “Good Practices in Sovereign Debt Borrowing” 11 February, 2021, LinkedIn
- “Improving transparency of lending to sovereign governments” with Olivares- Mustapha, S, ODI, 6 June 2020.
- “Sovereign Debt Litigation” Max Planck Encyclopedia of International Procedural Law (MPEiPro), 2 December 2020.
- “Sovereign Debt Restructuring: A Latin American Perspective” The Restructuring Review of the Americas, December 2019.
- “Corporate Restructuring in Times of Covid-19: A New Insolvency Law Assessment to Facilitate Corporate Rescue”, co-authored, International Corporate Rescue, Volume 17, Issue 6, 2020
- “Improving Transparency of lending to sovereign governments”, co-authored, The Overseas Development Institute Working paper No. 583, July 2020.
- “Venezuela: A War of Principles or Just a Matter of Semantics?”, International Corporate Rescue, Volume 17, Issue 1, 2020.